At SALT we’re here to change Christian dating culture by providing a place where you can reliably find your next relationship among people who are on the same page and who treat each other with kindness and respect. Here are the principles behind our mission:
- Humanize: We seek to bring authenticity, vulnerability and kindness - not superficiality and objectification - to dating through everything we do, including the deepening of member profiles and limiting the amount of people you can meet each day.
- Modern Dating: We want to be really good at one thing, and that’s Christian dating. We have no ambitions to create a general social networking service for hookups, friendships or business.
- Connecting: We seek to form meaningful connections that lead to great dates and relationships offline. As a company we believe that exclusive focus on our member’s success is the path to our own success.
- Relationship-Seekers: We’re looking to connect people who are ready and available to be in a relationship.
Given our mission, these are our requirements for membership:
- You’re looking for a relationship. You’re looking for meaningful, enriching connections that lead to long-term relationships. As a Christian dating app, the goal is marriage at some point, so you’re not looking for flings, hookups and one-night stands.
- You’re kind to others. Not everyone will be your type, share your background or agree with your views. However, you believe each person you interact with on SALT deserves your kindness and respect.
- You’re authentic. You don’t mind putting effort into your dating life because you’re invested in finding someone great. You’re not afraid to put yourself out there by authentically representing who you are - quirks and all.
If you come across someone on SALT who isn’t meeting these requirements - on the app or in real life - we encourage you to report them. It not only helps you, but it helps the rest of the community. Depending upon the severity and the frequency of the reporting, that member will be warned or banned.
We have a zero-tolerance policy for any content or behaviour that is lewd, disrespectful, discriminatory, threatening or harassing. Our member support team reserves the right to exercise their judgment in all cases.
Our member support team is here to help on your journey. They’re real human beings who sit right here in the UK and around the world. If you need to raise a question that is not covered in our Help centre, you can submit a request for the team to look into.
How to report a user:
- When viewing a user's profile, simply scroll down to the bottom of their profile and tap Report Story.
- Next, select a reason why you are reporting this person.
Reporting is an anonymous and permanent action. You will not see their profile again, nor will they see yours.
When you report a profile from Matches, you will immediately disappear from that member's view and they will not be able to view or retrieve the conversation or match.
Check out our Terms of Service for how we handle reports. You can also reach out with any additional details or screen grabs by tapping Submit a Request below.